cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Block parameter value propagation

Beniamino71
5-Regular Member

Block parameter value propagation

I have a parameter  X defined at Model and WT Part level, flagged as designed on Creo.

If  the CAD model  is owner of the WT Part, the value of  X at the CAD Model  level override the X value at the WT Part level.

I need to block di propagation for the parameter X, I mean  disconnect this link for the specific parameter from CAD Madel and WT Part

Does exist a preference the allow to block this propagation for e specific parameter?

Many thanks for any help

Beniamino

1 REPLY 1

You can use the site preference EPM Service Preference > Build Service Preference > Attributes to be published on Part to control which attributes get propagated from CAD documents to WTParts.  By default it is set to propagate all attributes with a "*" designation.  If you wish to exclude a particular attribute, in your example parameter X, then you would need to configure this preference to include all other attributes you want to propagate excluding X.  More information on this preference should be available in the Windchill Help Center and other supporting documentation.

Top Tags