cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Bom transformer filter

VVII
7-Bedrock

Bom transformer filter

1. What product and version are you running?

What is the problem & What is the use case for your organization? Describe how your idea would work in context or how it would apply to a practical situation.

Is it possible to filter out only the assemblies/parts that have been marked as "Equivalent parts exist but do not point to the latest iteration"? 

VVII_0-1706180910612.png

I'm working with very large product structures (+10,000 parts), and there can be parts in 10 levels. Sometimes changes can occur very deep in the structure. I want to perform the check to see what has changed and determine if I need to allocate some changes to already existing manufacturing views.  

Other Related to BOM-Transformers filter:

Is it possible to filter only the assemblies that meet specific search criteria? The current filter does not seem to be working as intended; it does not delve deep enough into the structure. For instance, if I have a structure with five levels, and I attempt to filter by part number or part description to find something from that level, it fails to accurately filter. It appears that if any of the sub-assemblies within which the actual part is nested do not meet the search criteria, it won't be displayed. In this situations it will only show the level 1 and hide all else. Is this really how BOM-transformers (attribute) filter works? 

I have been trying to do this by: filter -> edit filter -> attribute filter. 

In some situations I can achieve wanted result by using path filter.

3. What is the use case for your organization? Describe how your idea would work in context or how it would apply to a practical situation.

My suggestions would be very handy for managing eBOM and mBOM transformations and finding the discrepancies and working with big structures. 

If I have example this situations: I need to split eBOM to five different part structures in mBOM. My structure is so big and contains so many levels that it takes long time to allocate those to right places without filter and I have to double check many times that the work is done correctly.

Please ask for more details if needed! Hopefully someone have already solved these.

8 REPLIES 8
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:VVII)

Hi @VVII 

For change review

Have you ever used the 'Review and Resolve Discrepancies' ?

This can help you what has been changed.

HelesicPetr_0-1706535367829.png

Filtering:

Filter works that way how you have described in the BOM Transformer.

There is no option to define deeper options as AND/OR

In some cases it could be nice to have more options to filter.

For example:

1: AND: Values have to met together or

2. OR: Values have to met separately.  

for example 

One criteria describes assembly

second separate criteria describes part. 

then the assembly is shown and also filtered part

Unfortunately this definition can be done just in table views not in BOM Tranformer.

PetrH

I have studied review and resolve discrepancies function.

Currently I'm not satisfied how it is recognizing changes and maybe we need to discuss also about it.

Is this how it should work or can I achieve better end results with example some preference changes?

I'll explain one problematic situation that I'm currently facing:

We have example this situation:

Project 1: 

• assembly 9000 (design B.1) --> We need to make this to assembly 9000 (manufacturing 1.1)

Inside assembly 9000 is part 5000 (design A.1) and we make it to manufacturing part (manufacturing 1.1)

Project is delivered. All good.

Project 2 starts

Assembly 9000 (design) is reused and is not marked with the "equivalent parts exist but does not point..."

But... inside the part is part 5000 what has been revised and is now B.1. Our manufacturing view of that specific part still points to the A.1.

Inside the assembly 9000 at the part 5000 is the equivalent part exist but does not..." but we can't see it at the assembly level, also based on my tests we also can't see that through review and resolve function without somehow knowing that in that specific assembly is a design part that have been changed. 

(If it is example attribute change)

So... is the review and detect function also working as the filter. It does not have ability to go inside the structures?

In pictures: 

When I select the highest assembly, it doesn't detect that there is changes done to its child parts. (And this is just few level structure)

VVII_2-1706616518920.png

I have to go to the specific structure that have faced changes or open all sub-assemblies and paint all --> then select & click detect to find that there is something changed.

That is why I want to filter/see the assemblies and parts to see is there "equivalent part exist...." parts" 

VVII_1-1706616470562.png

Also when operating with big structures, sometimes if I select too much parts the detect will just fail. 

Filtered picture to get a point that structures go in many levels in my situation and I can't be sure if there is something changed even before I'm starting creating manufacturing view. 

VVII_0-1706616441160.png

It is possible to import the whole BOM to excel and look from the equivalent out of date. But in my opinion these kind of steps in BOM-transformation should not be necessary, the wanted result should be achieved without excel filtering. 

Please ask if you need additional information to understand my point of view. 

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @VVII 

Try to select all levels and use the function. 

It should go throw all selected subassemblies but only if they are selected.

PetrH

Hi  @HelesicPetr 

I tried the following:

Viewing --> expand all levels.

As I mentioned earlier, my structures are big, and I'm facing problems when selecting all. 

BOM transformer will show blank. 

VVII_1-1707398474284.png

And will result to this immediately or after clicking detect. (sometimes crash):

VVII_0-1707398353963.png

VVII_2-1707398831084.png

So this is why I am looking for the filter to show the parts that have marked with "equivalent part exists..."

With this filter I could use detect function only those.

Thanks,

VVII

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @VVII 

I understand but I can not help you now.

Just one idea

There can be some custom report that can do what you need to have an overview what objects has been changed in the specific huge assembly. 

PetrH

Hi,

With Query builder?

Could be possible to use it as help when building mBOMs, but I'm not that familiar with the tool yet.

Couldn't find any related already done reports from community.

VVII

shussaini
16-Pearl

Can you confirm if you have configured MPM to detect attribute change as a discrepancy. if not, you will need to declare the attributes to be detected and reconciled. Refer the config steps here.

regards
~Syed

VVII
7-Bedrock
(To:shussaini)

Yes, my MPM is detecting attribute changes. That is not the root problem in my situation.

Top Tags