cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Branch in workflow based on check box

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Branch in workflow based on check box

In our change request workflow, we have a question dealing with regulatory signoff required for the proposed change. In some cases this is not required and we have a check box on the initial form if checked it is required. After the form has been reviewed, it then splits into 4 paths, each with an 'and' so before the process can get to the next common task, all 4 groups must approve the request. We would like to skip the regulatory task IF the initial form box is not checked, not required. Is this possible at the task level or do I need to split the task flow into a yes/no decision and reroute the output to the proper task?

Windchill 10.0 m040

2 REPLIES 2
cgadre
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Hello Ben,

If I understand it correctly,

You can add a boolean variable on activity and check its value on Complete transition.

If its true then you proceed with 4 paths else proceed with different routing.

Regards,

Chinmay

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:cgadre)

Agree. In case this is not fully clear, the variable goes on the Activity Variables tab.  The code goes on the Transitions tab, likely under the Complete action.  This type of thing greatly enhances workflow template functionality in general.

Note: Hard to find where code has been "sprinkled" within workflow templates after the fact and there are no real tools from PTC to do that.  One has to methodically select each possible transition to see if there is any code there.  I developed some query builder reports that gather all code in a single place - very convenient.

Top Tags