cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Business rules for CAD Documents

LS_10690167
5-Regular Member

Business rules for CAD Documents

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.0.2

We implemented BOM view Business rules for WTParts which is working . we trying to configure the same for EPMDocuments , BOM CAD rules for validate the that all child components are in released state but which is not working . need to know if there any preference for CAD documents .

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @LS_10690167 

Hard to say what is wrong in your case.

Give an example how you define the rules for wtp and cad

any screen for better imagination is helpful

PetrH 

LS_10690167
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr 

Thanks for replay . 

Requirement-When the Cad Assembly going through the ECN process we should validate  all child parts are in release state if not it should throw the error.

I have implemented business rules for Cad Documents BOM release Rule as per PTC help suggests here is the link

"https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/?_gl=1*1hey19v*_ga*MTk1MjU5NjY3Mi4xNjg4NzM1Njc1*_ga_1QBT6P6HR1*MTY5MDk2NDY1MS40MC4xLjE2OTA5NjUxMDMuMC4wLjA.*_ga_CBN5QVB9VJ*MTY5MDk2NDY1Ny40MS4xLjE2OTA5NjUxMDMuMC4wLjA.#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FBusRulesBOMReleaseRuleRef.html%23"

and also am sharing the business rule with you . 

Regards

Lakshmisha s

Hello

You can try usig the FELCO Solutions Object Validator  that has more business rules options than PTC out of the box. The object validator works  within all the Change Objects Wizards, Promotion Requests Wizard, workflows and a right mouse click. The business rule  that you are having issues with is in the Object Validator. I have provided a link for you to review below if you are interested. 

https://www.felcosolutions.com/objectvalidator

Top Tags