cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

CAD Doc vs Part BOM - sub assemblies not rebuilding

AnthonyC
7-Bedrock

CAD Doc vs Part BOM - sub assemblies not rebuilding

Hello,

I am unable to get the Part BOM to populate correctly, I have associated the parts in the single level but in the multi-level, the part is not recognizing it. i am not sure how to fix this or what the root cause it. anyone else ever had this issue or have i misunderstood how to associate the part

AnthonyC_0-1699894105621.png

Creo 6 + Windchill 11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

the set up was not done correctly from our system and was fixed by the admin from the provider. thanks everyone for contributing. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:AnthonyC)

There could be a number of reasons why it did not built. If the association to the CAD model and its part is not OWNER, Image or Contributing Image, it would not appear on the WTPart structure. If the WTPart was deleted at some point in the past, it could not build. You are in the right UI since I believe there is a way to have that correct the deletion and build it. I just forget off the top of my head where that was. 

my CAD model and the part are linked as owner/child. 

AnthonyC_0-1699948987934.png

i looked a bit deeper, and looking into the WTpart BOM shows that only the item master is loading in for some reason. is there an easy way to switch from item master to child?

Hi @AnthonyC 

Usually it means that you do not have access to the specific versions.

Or the filter definition does not find the specific iteration based on your criteria in the filter.

You need to contact windchill admin to add you correct roles or set correct acl definition to grant you the rights to see the wtpart.

or change filter criteria.

PetrH

none of the filters seems to have caused it. normally the item master shows if the WTpart and CAD document havent been linked. 

we contacted our sales representative, there seems to be an issue with the regeneration as our WT parts are now all linked to the CAD doc. ill update if there is a fix or what caused the issue 

Hi @AnthonyC 

I still believe that it is an access issue. 

you explanation is interesting because  the relation to the CAD link do not case that behavior in OOTB system or I've never seen it.  

PetrH

our sales provider is looking into the situation. they believe there is a setting and filter causing the mismatch and not allowing it to update correctly. ill report back once i get more information. 

our sales rep (who are our windchill admins) also find this quite strange. 

the set up was not done correctly from our system and was fixed by the admin from the provider. thanks everyone for contributing. 

Top Tags