cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

CAD workers on Cloud

AP_10483126
10-Marble

CAD workers on Cloud

When the CAD workers are installed in a separate VM. Is it necessary to have internet access on the VMs where CAD workers are running? 

6 REPLIES 6

Certainly you need communication between the CAD worker VM and your server. There is a free license available from PTC for publishing that can be utilized which you can install local to the server. And of course you need to be able to administer it. But if you are asking if that CAD worker needs to be able to see the wider world, the answer should be no. If fact, its probably best that it cannot. I will make downloading and installing updates to CAD and WVS images tough but better for security.

so if i understand it correctly we can switch off the internet within the VM but keep it on the network to communicate it with the Windchill VM?

Yes, CAD worker would not be much use if it cannot communicate. But lock it down since it should only have to communicate with the Windchill server or servers. I have one that servers many Windchill instances.  Think from a security perspective. Least access principle.

I would just add one point. 

If the Windchill server is in a corporate network and a worker server is on the cloud, how is the corporate network connected to the cloud?

Usually through the internet network isn't it?

So you need to create security connection between this two servers through the internet.

PetrH

Hi AP_10483126

It looks like you have some responses from some community members. If any of these replies helped you solve your question please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Regards,
Andra

No. You don't need internet. In VM Network setting set it up to "bridge adapter" & add VM host name and IP Address of that machine to another machine & do it vice-versa. It'll work & I have test out too.

Top Tags