cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

CR Authors able to Update team at CR state Open?

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

CR Authors able to Update team at CR state Open?

This is what I want to be able to do... perhaps you can help?

I have a list of Roles in the CR team that I want the CR author to be able to add Participants into at the Submit CR task only when the CR is in Open state.

The roles are visible on the Process tab of the CR but the Members do not have the Add Participant icon!

I tried granting the Author of the CR in the Policy full control – at Open state. No luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:lgrant)

Add+task+to+add+participants.bmp

Getting closer I think... I added an Assigned Activity to add the approvers and what do you know... they can (almost). I just needed to add the pool 'groups' to add uses from for each role.

Now if I can just remember how to get all my roles to show up but it's not even noon yet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Need to grant Modify to the Team object, not the Change Request. This allows the user to edit all Team instances in the system, not just the Team Instance for this Request.

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:MikeLockwood)

Still no luck. Those green plus guys will just not show up!!

This is what I tried. (orgadmin) Org/Utilities/Policy Administrator

Then under my Default Library (under PDM) I created a new Access Control Rule.

Type: Team

Permission: Modify

Group: Authors (fyi 'authors' group is in the Members role who can create CR's)

I was able to allow the role in the library to update the team but that would be chaos. I just want them to update the team when the CR is open before they submit the CR. The tab on the CR that Add Participants doesn’t seem to work according to some posts here and it doesn’t show all my roles that are on the CR - just the OOB roles from the Workflow

add+participants.bmp

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

Add+task+to+add+participants.bmp

Getting closer I think... I added an Assigned Activity to add the approvers and what do you know... they can (almost). I just needed to add the pool 'groups' to add uses from for each role.

Now if I can just remember how to get all my roles to show up but it's not even noon yet.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Make sure the missing roles are a part of the ECR team template (as defined in the ECR OIR). If they aren't available to be added to the team template you probably need to add them to your RoleRB.rbInfo file.

Top Tags