cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can I Force windchill to regenerate thumbnails after change to default resolution in wvs.properties?

ScottMoorman
5-Regular Member

Can I Force windchill to regenerate thumbnails after change to default resolution in wvs.properties?

If I change wvs.property to increase the default generated thumbnail size - can I force the regeneration of thumbnails?  And - of course - is there a way to kick this off over a weekend?  (or do it on a selected subset of parts?).

thumbnail.generator.width=800

thumbnail.generator.height=600

PDM/Link Release: 12.0.2.3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite
(To:ScottMoorman)

You should be able to use Publish Scheduler (WVS Job Scheduler) functionality, which enable configuration of different Visualization Job scheduling at different context level (Site/Organization/Product). This also includes RegenerateRepresentationThumbnails or RegenerateLatestRepresentationThumbnails to generate 2D & 3D thumbnails for all or latest representation respectively. 

For more info refer HelpCenter:

WVS Job Scheduler Administration (ptc.com)

WVS Job Scheduler Filters (ptc.com)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vdegaonkar
14-Alexandrite
(To:ScottMoorman)

You should be able to use Publish Scheduler (WVS Job Scheduler) functionality, which enable configuration of different Visualization Job scheduling at different context level (Site/Organization/Product). This also includes RegenerateRepresentationThumbnails or RegenerateLatestRepresentationThumbnails to generate 2D & 3D thumbnails for all or latest representation respectively. 

For more info refer HelpCenter:

WVS Job Scheduler Administration (ptc.com)

WVS Job Scheduler Filters (ptc.com)

ScottMoorman
5-Regular Member
(To:vdegaonkar)

Excellent - I missed the thumbnail jobs in there.  Exactly what I needed.

Top Tags