cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Can I pull parameter information out of a NX part and populate a Windchill BOM with that information?

RandyGoddard
1-Newbie

Can I pull parameter information out of a NX part and populate a Windchill BOM with that information?

My ultimate goal here is to customize the default Windchill BOM. In doing this I want to take information out of my parts and populate the new columns in the BOM. Can this be done even with CREO parts? Can it with NX parts?

1 REPLY 1
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:RandyGoddard)

Randy, when you associate WTParts to CAD Documents and build them the attributes that are on the CAD Doc are pushed to the Part (assuming the association type is one that will push attributes over, such as Owner or Contributing Content). The attributes that are pushed over are controlled by the preferences under Site > Utilities > EPM Service Preferences > Build Service Preferences:

3-12-2015 6-01-11 PM.jpg

OOTB it will publish all CAD Doc attributes on the Part. As long as the parameter within Creo (or NX) has been designated and mapped to a Windchill IBA on the CAD Doc type that parameter value can be pushed to the Windchill Part.

Top Tags