cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Can not remove Replica folder, it contains Cached items

rherscher-2
2-Guest

Can not remove Replica folder, it contains Cached items

Decommissioning a Replica server. Got to the spot where you delete the cache folder and get the following: "Can not remove Replica folder, it contains Cached items.". Force sync has been run, Utilities show zero files in cache, and the SQL command in article CS53215 produces no rows. The SQL command in article CS56569 looks promising (delete from masteredonreplicaitem where ida3a4 = <IDA2A2_OF_FOLDER>). How would I get the IDA2A2 value for the folder? This is Windchill PDMLink 11.1.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @rherscher-2 

I use MSSQL but it is almost same in oracle.

you just need to set the name of your folder. 

select idA2A2,name,* from wcuser.wcuser.FvFolder
where name = 'defaultSystemfolder_folder_1'

to be sure you can use select for the the row you are going to delete

select * from wcuser.wcuser.MasteredOnReplicaItem
where idA3A4 = <IDA2A2_OF_FOLDER>

PetrH

Thanks for that suggestion – that seemed like it would work. Unfortunately, table FvFolder doesn’t have an entry for any of this replica’s cache folders (or any %cache% folders for that matter). We’re retiring our Windchill so it’s not a huge deal to not be able to decommission this replica – it’s just one of those loose ends that I’d like to tie up.

Hi @rherscher-2 

So if you select all the rows from MasteredOnReplicaItem that are not linked to real folder, then I guess you can delete it 😄 

But I would investigate why the MasteredOnReplicaItem table contains a rows that are not linked to the real folder.

PetrH

Top Tags