cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Change Request items

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Change Request items

We have created copies of the OOTB Change Request, Notice and Activity objects: Lifecycle, OIR, Workflow and Team. These have all been enabled.

I have a test and production serevr and have checkedthe Access lists and they appear to be the same, which they should. I can create a Change Request on the test serevr, but it fails on the production one.

If I disable my copy, I then get the change request initiated, but it is the OOTB change request. Question 3: How do I initiate My Change Request (see Q2.)

I have gotten my changes to work on the test system, but only if I modify the OOTB files and not my copies of these files. I have also done a save as on the OOTB objects so I can revert back when I get My Change objects to work.

2 REPLIES 2

Ben,

Menu action will always default OOTB for all soft types unless you disable
that action and duplicate it to focus solely on your soft type and seed the
wizard (cloned files) as a soft type.

No preferences or properties as far as I am aware. That would actually
constrict as opposed to helping IMO.

Sounds like the container team or team where it is being created doesn't
have someone in the correct CAI, CAII, or CAIII roles.

David

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Ben Loosli <->
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:BenLoosli)

On 04/14/15 10:54 AM, Ben Loosli wrote:
>
> We have created copies of the OOTB Change Request, Notice and Activity objects: Lifecycle, OIR,
> Workflow and Team. These have all been enabled.
>
> I have a test and production serevr and have checked the Access lists and they appear to be the
> same, which they should. I can create a Change Request on the test serevr, but it fails on the
> production one.
>
> When I go to Actions New and select Change Request, I get an error box: Attention: Action
> Unavailable and the text: You do not have create permission for this object. Please contact your
> System Administrator. Question 1: How do I resolve this error? 2: Should the menu say New Change
> Request or New My Change Request, using my copy?
>
> If I disable my copy, I then get the change request initiated, but it is the OOTB change request.
> Question 3: How do I initiate My Change Request (see Q2.)
>
> Is there some preference to designate what Change Request, Notice and Activity
> workflow/OIR/Lifecycle, etc, use?
>

These are controlled by their oir and their LifeCycle vs the promotion request which is controlled
by a preference.

The oir specifies the LifeCycle and the LifeCycle specifies the workflow to initiate. So what I do
here is this:
1. make a copy of the LifeCycle (ie "My Change Request Life Cycle")
2. make a copy of the Workflow (ie "My Change Request WorkFlow")
3. change the oir the use the "My Change Request Life Cycle"
4. edit "My Change Request Life Cycle" to use "My Change Request WorkFlow"

This way you are not changing the ootb LifeCycles or WorkFlows and will always have them to refer to.

> For Promotion Request there is a preference to set the desired promotion request workflow.
>
> I have gotten my changes to work on the test system, but only if I modify the OOTB files and not
> my copies of these files. I have also done a save as on the OOTB objects so I can revert back when
> I get My Change objects to work.
>
> I am on Windchill/PDMLink 10.0 m040.
>
>
> ----------

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St