cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Cognos Business Reporting

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Cognos Business Reporting

We have used query builder reports relatively extensively for some time. We're just starting to get into using Cognos Business Reporting. The documentation seems to be none or less so far. Anyone willing to share w/us your experience in getting it into use? We'll be happy to trade time on things that we can offer.

thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

I ran in to the same problem. I'm becoming more proficient with Query Builder, but just could not find anything useful "in the wild" for learning basic Cognos.

After a few calls to straighten out some access issues with our PTC University account, Iwas pointed toa class titled "Displaying Windchill 9.0/9.1 Reports with Cognos 8" in our PrecisionLMS library. I've only dipped in to the first hour of it, so I can't give a proper review. I would like to get through it first, hopefully learning the basics,before I contact our Cognos experts in another area of the company to ask them to help me along.

LiuLiang
4-Participant
(To:MikeLockwood)

We are thinking of purchasing such cognos online training class in near future. If you can update us after finishing it and how you evaluate this class, it will be a great piece of information for us. Thank you very much.

In Reply to Michael Marshall:

I ran in to the same problem. I'm becoming more proficient with Query Builder, but just could not find anything useful "in the wild" for learning basic Cognos.

After a few calls to straighten out some access issues with our PTC University account, Iwas pointed toa class titled "Displaying Windchill 9.0/9.1 Reports with Cognos 8" in our PrecisionLMS library. I've only dipped in to the first hour of it, so I can't give a proper review. I would like to get through it first, hopefully learning the basics,before I contact our Cognos experts in another area of the company to ask them to help me along.

Hi Mike,

I am using Cognos for Windchill complex reports, which can not be generated
using Report Manager.

Please find attached pdf, which will give you some idea about WBR/Cognos
(Some images may not appeared correctly in pdf).

In this I just used Report Manager (qml files) to generate report. In
general you can use Report Manager or InfoEngine.

Thanks,
Avinash

<">http://www.linkedin.com/in/avinashkor>

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Mike Lockwood
<mike.lockwood@alconlabs.com>wrote:

> We have used query builder reports relatively extensively for some time.
> We're just starting to get into using Cognos Business Reporting. The
> documentation seems to be none or less so far. Anyone willing to share w/us
> your experience in getting it into use? We'll be happy to trade time on
> things that we can offer.
>
> thanks in advance
>
Top Tags