cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Combining two Query Builder Reports into one.

mdebower
18-Opal

Combining two Query Builder Reports into one.

Currently have two separate but very similar Query Builder Reports that I would like to combine into one.

Both reports are for change notices, and we create change notices for both EPM Documents (CAD) as well as WTDocuments (PDF).  So we have three scenarios for the change notice :

1. Only EPMDocs.
  2. Only WTDocs
  3. Both 

The two existing reports work fine separately, but when combined deliver incorrect results.   I suspect that I don't have the joins done correctly.

Any advice?

9 REPLIES 9
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:mdebower)

Combined report likely working ok for changes that involve both EPM and WT, but not for those with just one type - because it's looking for an AND condition.  Need to arrange essentially as an OR condition.

Makes sense and I suspected as much.   How do I tell it to treat it as an OR?

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

I can do this using sql but haven't been successful yet in query builder reports.  Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I asked the same question and nobody could help.

Query Builder Report - Display CAD files and Documents from one CN

I've created a couple reports with both AND and OR in them but for only one type of objects.  Never could get it for more than one type.

YEP,  that is what I am trying to do too.   I created a PTC call, maybe they can shed some light on this.

Okay,  made some progress, but not completely there yet.   Doing the outer joins gets me everything listed, but when I add any Criteria against either the WTDocument or the EPM Document, it falls on it's face.

Added an Outer Join Against: Change Task on the From Tab.

20180308-124009.png

Made some more progress and am getting very close, I think. 

Found that if you use OR statements in the Criteria, you can filter out the extra information for the most part.  Will attach the latest QML file for review.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

What version of PDMLink are you working in?

I don't have some of the same listings as you do.  I am in 10.1 still but working on upgrading to 11.0.

We are on Windchill 10.2 m030-cps22

One of the WTDocuments is a custom sub-type, but other than that pretty much OotB.

Top Tags