cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creating a WTPart / WTDoc fails in windchill as name, number atttributes missing in Creation wizard

Rohaan
12-Amethyst

Creating a WTPart / WTDoc fails in windchill as name, number atttributes missing in Creation wizard

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.0.2

Getting Error while creating WTPart or WTDoc using defaut template "Caused by: wt.vc.VersionControlException: (wt.part.partResource/19) wt.fc.InvalidAttributeException: The name attribute must have a value. "

Here are the errors that I faced
Caused by: wt.vc.VersionControlException: (wt.part.partResource/19) wt.fc.InvalidAttributeException: The name attribute must have a value

10 REPLIES 10
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:Rohaan)

Hi @Rohaan 

I know two cases of this error.

One is that system attribute Name is not in the create Wizard 

The name is hidden or removed from create layout by Administrator in the Type & Attribute management 

- add the name attribute back to the Wizard

Second is OIR definition. The name is not defined in the OIR or is defined wrong way or is pick-up from an another IBA parameter that is empty. 

- correct the OIR definition 

Also there can be many other reasons. 

for example any customization...

PetrH

Rohaan
12-Amethyst
(To:HelesicPetr)

I probably think the system is broken because all the configurations are correct in Types and Attribute Management, yet I see no attributes .

Rohaan_0-1693470578800.png

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

HI @Rohaan 

Check type & attribute management layouts 

HelesicPetr_1-1693471975688.png

Be sure that the attributes are ok.

Sometimes I saw there were error in datautility if the attribute should have been shown but error stops loading full page. 

Also if some js script failed it can stop loading full page. 

In your case there is something that block full page load. 

PetrH

jbailey
17-Peridot

What browser are you using to create the document (Recommend Chrome, Firefox or Edge)? We have seen in the past that the embedded Creo browser couldn't render all of these pages. 

@jbailey 

From the screen there is Chrome

HelesicPetr_0-1693476908349.png

PetrH

Good catch😀 I still wouldn't discount a browser issue in rendering the page (like failure to load js you mentioned - that was the cause with the internal Creo browser for us previously).

I have experience that someone change OIR that name should have been same as number

but the definition was wrong, and it cased same behavior. 

PetrH

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Not the best match to mention (11,1 M020, not related to Name...), but what I think was happening just recently when I created an attribute, added to layout and set this in pic to hide all that have no value caused the same behaviour in New Document as in your pic. Nothing was shown. Probably should test again... but maybe something you could check if you've got this selected and behaves the same.

HJ1_0-1694782838523.png

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:HJ1)

Hi @HJ1 

Hehe good point, it can really be set even though it is create wizard where the attributes can not have the values. 

😄

PetrH

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:HelesicPetr)

Yes, 😄 but I actually recall setting it to an entirely different layout than New / Create and this caused all to disappear in New wizard which was confusing, buggy even.. Have to check again some day next week.
Top Tags