cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo Illustrate 9. has an issue saving a file cretaed in Creo Illustrate 8.0

TT_10043511
4-Participant

Creo Illustrate 9. has an issue saving a file cretaed in Creo Illustrate 8.0

Hi

Is there anyone else out there, who has experienced this issue. I have had a big file created in Creo Illustrate 8.0. Our IT has updated Creo Illustrate to 9.0. The file opens up correctly, seemingly no issue to edit, however when I try to "save" it, or "save as" in whatever location, it does not work. The error message I am getting is:

"The file could not be compressed. Please try saving again later or in a different location."

What is the solution?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @TT_10043511 

What does the big file mean? 100 MB, 1 GB,10 GB or more? 

Do yo have enough resources? Disk space, RAM, and so on?

I have experience with too low disk space on a disk C drive where a compressing software tries to create temp file to finish a compressing. 

I also had similar issue with Windchill export functionality where over 30GB zip file consumed all resources with ram and failed. 

By an article cs345134  some bug should be corrected . I would contact PTC Support. 

PetrH

Hi PetrH

Thank you,

- the file is 4,5 GByte.

- I have had enough RAM and space before. My computer works with big files as long as they are created freshly from scratch.

- I see all versions I have saved of this file have the same problem...so it is not a problem with a damaged file

I am working with my IT to go back to version 8.x in the meantime. However, I cannot report the problem, because when I try to open an IT ticket, I do not see Cre Illustrate in my support to make an IT ticket, so I let this to go with our IT as well.

In general, it is a bit disappointing, Creo did not do a proper testing before updating to version 9.0 😞

I would suggest working with your IT department to contact Tech Support and give them full details of the issue including the environment you are working in (saving locally or to Server etc).  

The issue can then be properly investigated and hopefully resolved.

TT_10043511
4-Participant
(To:agarland)

Hi

Changing back V8.1 completely solved the problem. So it is safe to say, the issue is with the new version of Creo Illustrate 9.0. Files saved in v8.1, cannot be saved in v9.0. I tried with brand new, empty file, and it was failing to saving it.

Top Tags