cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo Viewable Shows Curves but Drawing in Creo Does Not

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Creo Viewable Shows Curves but Drawing in Creo Does Not

I have a drawing that is fine in Creo but whenever I check it in, it shows curves in Creo View.  I wish this were wysiwyg, but it is not.  I have hidden the layer that these are on.  Anything else to look for?  Windchill 12.2.1.2

6 REPLIES 6

Have you tried:

• Adding the drawing to a new workspace. I find it's usually wysiwyg when you do this.
    • Note: the CAD workers that make the Creo View files can have separate config.pro settings.
  • On the View tab, click on the Save Status and the click Save in order to save changes to hide and unhide objects. You can also right click on the Layer Tree to Save Status (and then click Save).
    • If you're still having problems... there are layers in the 3D model and 2D drawing. There are drawing DTL settings (File>Prepare>Drawing Properties>Detail Options>Change) for managing the 3D vs 2D layers. You can find them by clicking on the Find tool and searching for "layer".

I did add it to a new workspace and they still didn't show up in Creo but did the Viewer.

All the layers are matching for hidden and I did do a Save Status.

I went into the DTL and changed the one that made sense to change.  I did not change the one that makes all layers hidden for the first time an object is in a drawing.

Can anyone tell me, @PTCModerator, how this was marked accepted before I even looked at it?  Because it is not fixed.

Hi BrianToussaint,

We can see that you have accepted lhoogeveen replies as a solution. (I am sure that it happened by mistake). 

We will remove the accepted solution from this post. 

Regards,

Anurag 

Hello Anurag,

I actually didn’t accept it. I opened the page and it was accepted.

Thank you for undoing it.

Thank you,

Brian

Which version of the Creo View Adapters are you using? Try doing a custom checkin and generating viewables and see if that still does the trick.

My guess is it is something with your Creo settings or CVA settings on the worker machine.   

Hello @BrianToussaint 

I guess that the issue can be cased by a visualization configuration.

Check if the visualization configuration is not same on the visualization server and your local Creo. 

I would check and control all config.pro and rcp configuration to be sure that it is almost identical.

PS: I've got an experience with wrong visualization in some weird  situations.

First visualization was wrong after chek-in with some unexpected lines and mistakes.

If the visualization job was sent again the result has been corrected,  I've never found a case of the behavior, but I think it was connected with some performance and ram issues on a visualization server.

PetrH

Top Tags