cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo returns to / recreates old workspace on startup

amansfield
6-Contributor

Creo returns to / recreates old workspace on startup

Ever since we've updated Creo 2.0 to build M110, we have been finding that Creo always opens in the workspace that they were last in before they were updated regardless of which workspace they were in when they last used Creo. Furthermore if the workspace is deleted then it is recreated on startup and Creo opens in it.. This seems to happen to everyone regardless of what build they were

I haven't been able to find out anything about this either here or at PTC. Has anyone else experienced this?

We're on Windchill (Pro/Intralink) 10.1 M040, Creo 2.0 M110 (updating older builds ranging from M030 to M100).

5 REPLIES 5

Perhaps you have disabled the creo agent????

This is from my Creo Admin 102 talk, PTC Live 2013

Disabling the creoagent causes Creo to forget the last workspace used. The work around is to replace the
<local cache=">\.Settings\active_server_config.fld with <local cache=">\.Settings\config.fld in your startup
script. Like this:

* Del "%USERPROFILE%\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER\.Settings\active_server_config.fld"
* Echo f|xcopy "%USERPROFILE%\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER \.Settings\config.fld"
"%USERPROFILE%\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER \.Settings\active_server_config.fld"

David Haigh
amansfield
6-Contributor
(To:amansfield)

David:

I believe this is the problem..

I deactivated it on this build for the first time so I wouldn't have to go around updating everybody's creoagent..

I'll tweak it and confirm to the list.

Thanks for the quick response.

In Reply to David Haigh:

Perhaps you have disabled the creo agent????

This is from my Creo Admin 102 talk, PTC Live 2013

Disabling the creoagent causes Creo to forget the last workspace used. The work around is to replace the
\.Settings\active_server_config.fld with \.Settings\config.fld in your startup
script. Like this:

* Del "%USERPROFILE%\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER\.Settings\active_server_config.fld"
* Echo f|xcopy "%USERPROFILE%\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER \.Settings\config.fld"
"%USERPROFILE%\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER \.Settings\active_server_config.fld"

David Haigh

Seems like we had a similar issue when we had some remaining Creo Elements
caches that were not deleted and were hidden. I searched by "2008cache" I
think, to find them all
On Jul 11, 2014 9:18 AM, "Haigh, David A." <->
wrote:

> Perhaps you have disabled the creo agent????
>
>
>
> This is from my Creo Admin 102 talk, PTC Live 2013
>
>
>
> Disabling the creoagent causes Creo to forget the last workspace used. The
> work around is to replace the
>
> <local cache=">\.Settings\active_server_config.fld with <local<br/>> cache>\.Settings\config.fld in your startup
>
> script. Like this:
>
>
>
> • Del
> “%USERPROFILE%\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER\.Settings\active_server_config.fld”
>
> • Echo f|xcopy
> ““%USERPROFILE%\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER
> \.Settings\config.fld”
>
> ““%USERPROFILE%\creo_2_home\cache\PDMLink_cache\PTC\ProENGINEER
> \.Settings\active_server_config.fld”
>
>
>
> David Haigh
> Phone: 925-424-3931
> Fax: 925-423-7496
> Lawrence Livermore National Lab
> 7000 East Ave, L-362
> Livermore, CA 94550
>
>
>
> *From:* Andrew Mansfield [
BillRyan
15-Moonstone

We’ve had this issue starting around M070. We created a case and was referred to cs99914.

amansfield
6-Contributor

There were two solutions to this problem which was caused by me disabling Creoagent (three if you include installing the latest Creoagent :-)):

• use the techniques described in David Haigh's Creo Admin 102 talk fromPTC Live 2013 where you copy "config.fld"file to replace "active_server_config.fld" in your launch scripts

• set a hidden config option "

Both worked and taking the path of least resistance, I elected to use the latter. Hopefully there won't be any unintended consequences 🙂

In Reply to Andrew Mansfield:

Ever since we've updated Creo 2.0 to build M110, we have been finding that Creo always opens in the workspace that they were last in before they were updated regardless of which workspace they were in when they last used Creo. Furthermore if the workspace is deleted then it is recreated on startup and Creo opens in it.. This seems to happen to everyone regardless of what build they were

I haven't been able to find out anything about this either here or at PTC. Has anyone else experienced this?

We're on Windchill (Pro/Intralink) 10.1 M040, Creo 2.0 M110 (updating older builds ranging from M030 to M100).

Top Tags