cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

DOCMGMT:JAVA: Anyone using Java applet for Uploading and/or Downloading Files in Windchill?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

DOCMGMT:JAVA: Anyone using Java applet for Uploading and/or Downloading Files in Windchill?

Is anyone using Java applet as the primary means of Uploading and/or Downloading files in Windchill? We have been discussing this for a long time, but I'd like to get a true indication of what capabilities of the Java applet are considered "critical" if you answered yes to this question.

You have the option of going to Basic Browser for both actions and Desktop Integration for Download. I have been told there are "many" customers using Java applet as their primary upload/download mechanism, butI would like to validate that number to determine if this is an applet we can deprecate with an HTML5 replacement or something we need to maintain going forward.

-Scott Morris

3 REPLIES 3

We have many users that use the drag and drop applet for creating documents. That should easily be replaced by HTML5.

I would say good riddance!
rwelch
6-Contributor
(To:sm)

Scott,

The document upload applet is one of our must used, and most
problematic applets. In particular, the ability of the applet
to upload multiple files at a time via drag and drop is used
extensively. Hope the this helps.

Ron
Lohbauer
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Scott,

In the past we used that functionality but have since stopped. We have java version requirements for other applications that seem to the java applet can’t function with. So we changed to simple browser functionality. Those who were able to use it lament its loss.

Bob Lohbauer
PDM/ PLM Business Administrator
Jacobs Vehicle Systems
Top Tags