cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Deleted Change Request Type

borourke
10-Marble

Deleted Change Request Type

One of our admins deleted one of our Change Request types last Wednesday, but we did not discover the deletion until this morning. We can restore from last week, but over 2800 various items have been created since then and the users will raise hell about have to recreate them. Is it possible to grab the meta data of the CR type from a backup or one of our test/dev systems and rebuild the type in the Oracle tables? Many thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:borourke)

Wow - not good.

Don't know of any way, but likely others will chime in.

A wise man I worked with for years would start a sentence after something like this with "Your replacement probably won't...   "

Mike, you are correct this is not good! Weill post if we come up with a solution.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:borourke)

You are referring to a soft-type? I didn't think it let you delete it if it was in use and objects were created for it. Don't even want to test that but when you say 2800 objects created, are you referring to 2800 CRs or various other things like parts, docs and CAD? Can you try to recreate the missing soft-type from a test instance and continue on? I think the only impact would be on CRs that were created with the wrong type. Can explain impact further?

It is 2800 objects of various types. Still investigating how it allowed us to delete the soft type and we are looking at the backups to see if we can bring over the soft type info.

Top Tags