cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Designated Attribute issue

kc-2
5-Regular Member

Designated Attribute issue

I tried to designate some creo paramerets to windchill as product wise. I created CAD Document sub types for Product wise and crated all required attributes in Global Attributes in Type and Attribute Manager.

After that when i try to upload to Windchill its giving warning like

Incoming Attributes XXXXXXXX ignored as they not part of type definition.

But i didn't change any preference for Upload in Preference Management.

Now am into the Migration process because of this issue am struggling.

Awaiting for your valuable reply...

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:kc-2)

That message is thrown when parameters are designated in Creo but there are not corresponding attributes in Windchill.  My guess is that your CAD documents are not being created as your new sub type (with the extra attributes), but rather as the "regular" EPMDocument type.

Other's will need to chime in here, but I think there are some limitations (or at least challenges) with using a subtype for EPMDocument.  (I'm not sure Creo can automatically create new CAD documents and use the proper sub type.)

kc-2
5-Regular Member
(To:TomU)

I created a CAD Document sub type with designated attributes.

Also am using a UPLOAD_SOFT_TYPE for referring a particular products.

Am passing the internal name of the sub type to UPLOAD_SOFT_TYPE.

Gagan
7-Bedrock
(To:kc-2)

Hello krishnamoorthy C

Even i came across with the similar situation few moths back

When tried the check in the part ,user was getting the Warning the "Incoming attributes MP_DENSITY  is ignored as they are not the part of type definition"

and you will find this under the alternate mass properties in creo 2 , go to tools>parameters ,change the type from main to alternate mass properties . and this parameter is not defined in the global attributes in the windchill .

In our Company we manage both PDM and PLM in the different servers , The parameter MP_DENSITY is calculated in the creo/pro e base on the material that we assigned or if we specified and value for the density . This parameter is not required, Since There is an another attributes called SE_DENSITY is the main parameter which is required to calculate the mass of the part . This density value will come from the another database .

Please check the warning message that you are getting for the attributes is existing in the alternate mass properties or not .and if it is designating automatically on checkin.

Regards

Top Tags