cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Duplicate Parts - Data Migration

Isaac__
4-Participant

Duplicate Parts - Data Migration

I am currently trying to do a bulk export of CAD Data  ( Parts and Drawings) from WC 10.2 to WC 11.1. The problem that I am experiencing is that WC 11.1 already has CAD Data which uses the same part numbers as WC 10.2. I can't just use the WC 11.1 Parts in my 10.2 Assemblies because they are not the same, this causes mating errors etc.. when I open the 10.2 Assemblies. Is there a way to not break the 10.2 Assemblies, by somehow having both parts on the 11.1 Server? Would it be possible for 10.2 to point to a different iteration of the part or something similar?

4 REPLIES 4

HI @Isaac__ 

Do you use same Creo Parametric version?

If no, this is very big complication because there is not possible to open the Creo data saved in newer version in older creo version.

This issue is not connected to Windchill version. 

PetrH

Isaac__
4-Participant
(To:HelesicPetr)

WC 10.2 is running Creo 3 and WC 11.1 is running Creo 4. Because the data is being migrated to 11.1, there is no issue there as you can open Creo 3 files in Creo 4.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Isaac__)

To clarify the issue a little....

You have 2 Windchill systems, one running 10.2 and one running 11.1.

You want to take the files from the 10.2 system and import them into the 11.1 system.

You will need to rename the files in the 10.2 system so they do not have naming conflicts with the data already in the 11.1 system. Then you can import the files into the 11.1 system.

Isaac__
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks for your suggestion. I wasn't sure if there were any other options in WC 11.1 that wouldn't require a rename. 

Top Tags