cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Duplicate entries in the Change Summery table of a Change Notice

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Duplicate entries in the Change Summery table of a Change Notice

We just upgraded from 10.1 M040 to 10.1 M050 and there are several little issues that are starting to show up.

The latest one is that the number of objects that display on the Change Summary table of a CN is not correct. Some CN’s shows duplicate entries of the same file and version. Then on the detail page of the Task the Resulting Objects table is correct MOST of the time.

The times it is not correct I can do a refresh of the page and sometimes it changes to display more entries. One Task page I refreshed a dozen times and the number of objects displayed changed six times. Another time it would change maybe once in
the dozen times I tried.

When I edit the Task and go to the Resulting Objects table it is always correct…so far. I wish I could have confidence it will continue to be correct.

I tried this in IE, Chrome and FireFox and it’s the same for all. I even tried it on three different computers and it’s the same.

I have cleared the temp internet files, the java cache files and rebooted. I have done this several times on different computers.

I even tried changing the IE option to check for newer versions of stored pages every time I visit the webpage. Didn’t help.

Has anyone seen this?

Steve G

6 REPLIES 6
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:STEVEG)

Steve,
I have seen this. But I had a hard time reproducing the issue. So I never opened a PTC ticket.

I think it has something to do with using the collector. But I’m not sure. I’m know I’m not much help other than confirming that you’re not the only one seeing what you’re seeing. Sorry.

Thanks,
Ben
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

FYI…I am on 10.2 M020 (CPS06 at the time).

Ben
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Ben,

I am glad you mentioned it so thank you. But you’re right. It doesn’t happen all the time. It seems like it only happens when the CN is larger. If there are only 1 to about 5 or 6 objects then it never happens. But the ones I have found it on so far has at
least 8 objects. This one has 8 objects in the Resulting Objects table but show 11 in the Change Summary table. Another one had 15 and 20.

I should also mention that not only did I check the box to delete the temp internet file but I checked the box for all options: Cookies, History, etc.

Lastly I used IE 9 and 10 with the same results. Chrome is the latest version. I think I have the latest FF but not sure.

Steve G

Are the objects on more than one Change Activity? With some custom code I wrote to look at all the resulting objects, it will list a part multiple times if it was on more than one Change Activity.

Steve D.
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

No. They are not on multiple Change Activities. Our Change Notices only have one Task. We don't create more than the one default Task.

We have the same number on different CN's over for different revisions. So technically they are on multiple Change Activities.

Steve Galayda

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Example reproduced today:

[cid:image001.jpg@01D0616D.2C593E00]

[cid:image002.jpg@01D0616D.2C593E00]
Top Tags