cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

EPM/WTPart link

uvex_windchill
5-Regular Member

EPM/WTPart link

if i create a new epm document, automatically the system creates a new wtpart. i have three types of wt-parts and i want to chance the type. where can i change the link?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You can change the EPM Document to WT Part link in the  CAD Document Menu : Actions > Edit Association. In this case you will end up in creating a new part of your desired type and associated with you CAD Document.

For defaulting to a particular type of WTPart when you check in CAD Document is a setting in Type and Attribute Manager > CAD Document > Default Part Type to Create.

Please note another point is that you cant change the Type of Part once created. There may be Scripts, but this is not recommended in normal scenarios., you need to check with PTC Tech support. Its a too long shot.

Cheers

Hari

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi,

You can change the EPM Document to WT Part link in the  CAD Document Menu : Actions > Edit Association. In this case you will end up in creating a new part of your desired type and associated with you CAD Document.

For defaulting to a particular type of WTPart when you check in CAD Document is a setting in Type and Attribute Manager > CAD Document > Default Part Type to Create.

Please note another point is that you cant change the Type of Part once created. There may be Scripts, but this is not recommended in normal scenarios., you need to check with PTC Tech support. Its a too long shot.

Cheers

Hari

Top Tags