cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Editing a WTPart structure in different context

AJ_TROGLIO
11-Garnet

Editing a WTPart structure in different context

We are in the middle of testing WC 12 and Creo 8.  The image shows a structure I'm testing.  This is a typical formed sheet metal part (SM_RH), a flat state of this part (SM_RH-600) and then the raw material for the flat state (MATL_1234).  SM_RH would be in our Design context.   The -600 and the raw material need to be in the Manufacturing context.

I work in Mfg Engineering and work in our Manufacturing context where I have read/write.  I have only read rights in the Design context.

What is the best way for me to freely add the -600 and then the raw material the -600 item when I don't have rights to check out the SM_RH item?  My goal is to create an MBOM so the entire structure can be passed to another system.

--
AJ Troglio, Adv Mfg Engr
Hunter Engineering Company
Creo 4 M150
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:AJ_TROGLIO)

Hi,

The structure page that you show is a Design Structure (EBOM).

What I think will work for you is

1. You  need to remove these Flat part and the Raw material from the EBOM structure

2. Ask your Admin  to give you rights to "Create New View Version" in the context that owns the EBOM.

Best practice is to have a "Mfg Engineer" Role in that context and you are added to that role. Access rights is made on that role to achieve step 2

3. Then you need to grab the license for "Windchill Mfg Process Management" (I forgot the licensing word for this

4. At this stage you can go to that parent part to create your "Mfg View" (MBOM).

Now its your playing field in Mfg context. 

5. Create Mfg part for the Flat part, Create the Raw material object.

There are a handful of functions you can use to suit your use case. You take it from there.

Using Mfg view is the best approach if you are going to transfer to ERP, as MBOM is very close to ERP BOM.

Best Regards

Hari 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Hari_Vara
13-Aquamarine
(To:AJ_TROGLIO)

Hi,

The structure page that you show is a Design Structure (EBOM).

What I think will work for you is

1. You  need to remove these Flat part and the Raw material from the EBOM structure

2. Ask your Admin  to give you rights to "Create New View Version" in the context that owns the EBOM.

Best practice is to have a "Mfg Engineer" Role in that context and you are added to that role. Access rights is made on that role to achieve step 2

3. Then you need to grab the license for "Windchill Mfg Process Management" (I forgot the licensing word for this

4. At this stage you can go to that parent part to create your "Mfg View" (MBOM).

Now its your playing field in Mfg context. 

5. Create Mfg part for the Flat part, Create the Raw material object.

There are a handful of functions you can use to suit your use case. You take it from there.

Using Mfg view is the best approach if you are going to transfer to ERP, as MBOM is very close to ERP BOM.

Best Regards

Hari 

Top Tags