cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Email notification report

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Email notification report

We have some people that only get an email notification. They do not get a Task. When they get the email they can log in to PDMLink at their convenience to review the changes of a change notice.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a report of email notifications for either (or both):

1. Recent/specific dates.

2. For a specific change object.

I'm looking to see if an email actually got sent to a user for one of our workflows. The user said they did not.

Steve G
4 REPLIES 4
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:STEVEG)

On 06/30/14 10:22, Steve Galayda wrote:
>
> We have some people that only get an email notification. They do not get a Task. When they get
> the email they can log in to PDMLink at their convenience to review the changes of a change notice.
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to get a report of email notifications for either (or both):
>

Don't know if Windchill is logging any of this however the system mail delivery agent probably is.
For example on Solaris you can look in /var/log/syslog to see if an email was delivered to a user.

> 1.Recent/specific dates.
>
> 2.For a specific change object.
>
> I'm looking to see if an email actually got sent to a user for one of our workflows. The user
> said they did not.
>
> */Steve G/*
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Users may get an email from either a Task (Notification is checked) or from a separate workflow email robot.

For both, I've tried very hard to find a way to get records / reports somehow of whether emails actually got sent because multiple times in the past our Email Notification queue has backed up due to our exchange server - and we've had to restart Windchill and fool with the queue entries. But - Have not yet been successful getting this info in using any approach.

Was hoping possibly that the PTC System Monitor would provide a record but haven't been able to get thru this either.

If anyone comes up with a way to report actually emails sent by the Windchill server we'd be interested (using Windows).
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I don't suppose anyone has figured out how to do this yet?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I got a response from PTC to do it this way.  But I don't know if that will increase the log files substantially.

To verify if email get sent to the user, we need to configure the following verbose which provide the details in MethodServer log,

wt.mail.verbose=true

wt.mail.verboseTransport=true

wt.notify.verboseExecution=true

The problem with this is the log information goes away after a short period of time.  I wish I could just write a report like what Mike Lockwood‌ mentions above.

Top Tags