cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Error When Returning to the Search Tab in the Browser After 20 Minutes

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Error When Returning to the Search Tab in the Browser After 20 Minutes

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.2.2

I get a Windchill Error when searching after leaving browser alone for a time period of about 20 minutes or more.

Here are the errors that I have in the browser window.
Status Code: 500
Message: Cannot restore "wt.query.SearchHistory. 198022734" because it no longer exists.

This isn't the only 12.1.2.2 issues we are seeing with the GUI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @BrianToussaint 

I just clarify that  com.ptc.windchill.search.historyCount is a number of the record not a time how long the history is stored.

I guess that the issue is connected with session timeout how long is the login session active. 

I would suggest to increase a timeout and you will see it it helps

CS74864 - How to configure Session Timeout in Windchill PDMLink

PetrH

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Out of curiosity, what type of authentication is being used? Username/Password? SAML?

We are using just a simple connection to Microsoft AD using http.

Hmm.. does it happen with just you, or others as well? Did you test with a different browser?

Does your search history come back when you log back in?  

If so, maybe there is something going on with the browser session... if not, maybe it is a DB issue?

This is a different user.  They just have to hit refresh.  The thing is it didn't happen with 11.1.  I don't know about a different browser.  Plus we are seeing multiple users losing the search functionality at times and have to open and close the browser for that.  All of this since upgrading to 12.

Is this a production system, or development? What does the methodserver log say when the user gets the error?

This is production.

com.ptc.jca.error <user name> - ---------- JCA Exception ---------- wt.util.WTRuntimeException: Cannot restore "wt.query.SearchHistory.198022734" because it no longer exists. Nested exception 

I also had this afterwards and in a lot of different places in my logs....

wt.system.out <user name>  - requestNonce:

are you getting this error message?

Your session data has expired. Please repeat your action.

No I am not.  I do have this

com.ptc.jca.error <user name> - ---------- JCA Exception ---------- wt.util.WTRuntimeException: Cannot restore "wt.query.SearchHistory.198022734" because it no longer exists. Nested exception 

I also had this afterwards and in a lot of different places in my logs....

wt.system.out <user name>  - requestNonce:

Hello BrianToussaint,
This is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe, I will provide you assistance on this question.
Is com.ptc.windchill.search.historyCount set inside wt.properties ?
the default is 15.
Can you try setting some higher value?
KR,
Charles.

Hello Charles,

I searched wt.properties and that is not in there.  Do I need to set it at something higher?  I am guessing that value relates to minutes.

Thanks,

Brian

cgautier
17-Peridot
(To:cgautier)

Hello BrianToussaint,
Just add com.ptc.windchill.search.historyCount to wt.properties with some higher value, e.g. 100.

KR,

Charles.

Hello @cgautier,

That seemed to maybe help.  But I think I went over the 120 value, I assume as minutes, that I put in and it is still there.  Trying to figure out why they added this when it didn't seem to be an issue before 12.1.2.

Thanks,

Brian

cgautier
17-Peridot

Hello BrianToussaint,

You wrote 'That seemed to maybe help' in July:

Does it actually mean com.ptc.windchill.search.historyCount has been helpful?

KR,

Charles.

Hello Charles,

Actually no it didn't help.  Today it has happened quite a bit to me and it seems to be about the same timing.

Thanks,

Brian

Hi @BrianToussaint 

I just clarify that  com.ptc.windchill.search.historyCount is a number of the record not a time how long the history is stored.

I guess that the issue is connected with session timeout how long is the login session active. 

I would suggest to increase a timeout and you will see it it helps

CS74864 - How to configure Session Timeout in Windchill PDMLink

PetrH

Hi @HelesicPetr 

That is interesting and I will try that and report back.  The interesting thing is that we never had this issue in 11.1.

Thanks,

Brian

cgautier
17-Peridot

Hello Brian,

Did you get a chance to perform further tests according to kb article CS74864 ?

Charles.

Hi,

We noticed similar error in our Windchill version 12.1.2.0, but we have some test server with 12.1.2.4 and I don't see this error message there. So it looks like it is fixed in CPS04.

Regards,

Balraj

hi,

I found this after I updated to CPS06 for a different issue.

Thanks,

Brian

Top Tags