cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

File Storage using API

VH_10947268
5-Regular Member

File Storage using API

Hi all,

Extremely new to Windchill, as I've never heard or used it really before. My team wants to utilize Windchill to just store various documents/files that we might need to refer/access for formal situations. These files would probably be associated with a version of our build. We were hoping we could somehow utilize the API as well to dynamically upload certain documents to Windchill well. We currently have an extremely fresh install of Windchill 12.1.2.0, with 2.5 REST. There is currently really nothing on Windchill, except for a single organization. Any direction that you suggest I go in? Is this a possible thing to do? Any help as greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

I would suggest to use Windchill Desktop Integration https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/r12.1.2.0/pt_BR/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/dti/DTIAbout.html 

It will help to keep the document in sync with Windchill , dynamically modify it and much more. 

Top Tags