cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

File does not exist

IanWexler
3-Visitor

File does not exist

I have a user who tries to open up a solidworks model from Workgroup manager and he gets an error saying the part does not exist. I can open the file myself, so the file is there and not corrupt. He was able to open up files just a few weeks ago, but when he tries now, it doesn't work. We are using Solidworks 2012 with 10.1 M040.

Thanks for any help or insight,

Ian Wexler

DSC

3 REPLIES 3

Do you have any remote file servers? It could be that the file is corrupt/missing on one site, but present on another. If this user's preferred site is set to the site where the file is corrupt and your preferred site is set to a site with a good copy of the file, then that could explain what you're seeing. Running WContentVerify would tell you for sure if the file is missing/corrupt on any of your sites.

Unfortunately, no, only one server. I have not found anyone else in the company that can not open the file, so it must be something resident on the one user's computer or install?

If all other users are able to open the file, than that does sound like an issue with this user's machine. Is this user able to download the file through a standalone browser? Are there any errors written to the Method Server log when the user tries to open the file?

Top Tags