cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Hiding Product (Contexts) from search and users

BuddyHudson
1-Newbie

Hiding Product (Contexts) from search and users

To All,

Is there a way to have Windchill not search in a particular product or context? We have many parts that are wrong, or named "_bad", or simply do not need to be used in our system. I am trying to figure out how to do this but not having much luck. I am thinking it is somewhere in "Policy Administration" but cannot figure it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Buddy Hudson

3 REPLIES 3

I created a library named Quarentine just for this purpose. Here are the ACLs that I used. As admin I still have permission by you Absolute Deny Full Control to everyone else. Won't even show up in a search for them.

4-17-2014+12-46-08+PM.jpg

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:BrianToussaint)

Along a similar vein as Brian's answer, you could also create a folder within the different contexts that is associated with a different domain that does not grant users access to the contents of it. Any object that fits this criteria could be moved to that folder.

There is no way out of the box in Policy Admin (or search criteria) to hide search results based on name.

Thanks Brian that worked really well!

Top Tags