cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to export/import alias list?

TomM
12-Amethyst

How to export/import alias list?

Hi,

I've created lots of aliases for Options and Variants configuration. Supposedly those can be exported/imported but I can't find any way to do so. I can export the Options and Choices list, however there's no similar option available for Aliases.

See the SS from help center, which doesn't explain it in any way.

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomM)

Give a look at the Import/Export link on the utilities tab. Perhaps its there.

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:avillanueva)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, it somehow went unnoticed until now when I need it again.

I went to the utilities tab for the context and found the tool you suggested. It allows a number of things to be exported including Option Sets but there's no option for Aliases to be exported and browsing through the Option Set preview I was unable to localize anything that would resemble my Alias names or values.

So the issue remains unsolved 😞

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:TomM)

Ok, now that I jumped into further testing the following turns out (same applies to all of the include/exclude/conditional and enable rules):

1. Aliases can NOT be exported or imported on their own.

2. Aliases can NOT be exported or imported together with Options and Choices.

3. Aliases can be exported and imported using the Export/Import Management on the Utilities tab for the context in which the configurable module resides. This configurable module must use all of those Aliases that you want to export/import!

What I mean by "must use those Aliases"?

An Alias is only included in the export .jar files if it is used in at least one Advanced Assigned Expression being exported together with the configurable module.

The export type has to be one of the few which are used to export a Part Structure.

4. In version 11.1 M020 CPS 16 this function is completely broken, at least OOTB (currently working with support). Export and import logs are clean, everything supposedly works fine during execution. However, every Alias and every Assigned Expression which uses any Alias is broken (assigned expressions can be repaired, Aliases can only be deleted!) Their identifiers are wrong and inconsistent with the logs.

wrong.PNG

Hope this saves someone the hassle...

Top Tags