cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to optimize the windchill local cache management strategy

Sulibo
12-Amethyst

How to optimize the windchill local cache management strategy

I am new in our company,

And the creo is really slow when use windchill:

1. After opened some parts from windchill server for 1 or 2 days , the loacal windchill identify thoese parts are new parts ;

2.Some times after you saved the modification in local cache, and later when you reopen those parts you will find you lose the modifications.

3..For big assmbly model, you already opened it from windchill server, but when you closed the creo and reopen the model again , you will find it still very slow.

Is there any clue for we can optimize our windchill or creo ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Sulibo)

Sorry to hear it's slow for both

Hopefully the admin's can methodically work thru the performance steps recommended by PTC.

They should first log into Windchill using a browser on the Windchill server.  It should be instant (very fast) there. If no, something is fundamentally not right.  Running wca (Windchill Configuration Assistant) would be first to try (accept all defaults). If yes (it's very fast on the server) then the network / virus protection / other things should be checked.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @Sulibo 

PTC Knowledge contains many articles how to improve creo workspace performance

check this > CS24192

PetrH

joe_morton
17-Peridot

Some thoughts:

1 - Normally this should not happen. One possibility that can cause it is if you have the file checked out, and someone else with the necessary permissions undoes your checkout. The file would appear as new in your Workspace.

2 - This also should not happen. Make sure to check out the file if you will make changes. Check in your changes at least daily. If it continues to happen, contact your Windchill administrator. 

3 - This is normal. The first time you open the file, it must be downloaded to your computer. The next time, it does not need to download, but a large assembly may still be slow. Check with other designers if they see the same performance you do. Make sure your computer is as fast as theirs. 

One quick test that tells a lot is to determine whether Windchill is slow only when accessing it thru Creo, or also through a standalone browser.  Launch Edge or Chrome or whatever browser you use and log onto Windchill.  Do a variety of actions (e.g. new workspace, search, etc.).  If this is very fast but doing the same thru Creo, this gives admin's good info on where to make adjustments.  

It's also possible that it only relates to file transfers, but this is unlikely.

I check with the browser and creo, they are both slow, I think our administrator need do some actions m Thank you @MikeLockwood 

Sulibo
12-Amethyst
(To:joe_morton)

Thank you @joe_morton , I think problem 1 and 2 cause by we didnet know to add checkout and check in information in the structure tree. and sometime make wrong actions

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Sorry to hear it's slow for both

Hopefully the admin's can methodically work thru the performance steps recommended by PTC.

They should first log into Windchill using a browser on the Windchill server.  It should be instant (very fast) there. If no, something is fundamentally not right.  Running wca (Windchill Configuration Assistant) would be first to try (accept all defaults). If yes (it's very fast on the server) then the network / virus protection / other things should be checked.

Thanks your advices  @MikeLockwood  ,

I will forward this information to our IT admins,  hope they can improve some performance.

Top Tags