cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to properly run the wt.Load.LoadFromFile utility from a server external to the Windchill server?

bwilcox
1-Newbie

How to properly run the wt.Load.LoadFromFile utility from a server external to the Windchill server?

I am trying to run a Windows PowerShell script to auto-create a document within our Windchill system (we are running Windchill 10.1 M050), but I am having difficulty getting the script to run properly. I get errors saying that it cannot run the Java executable. Is this a permissions issue? What permissions are needed for a server to run scripts on a different server like this? Below is a copy of the PowerShell script that I am using (for the server-to-server communication, I replaced the drive letter with the shared server directories) -- it works when running within PowerShell on the Windchill server itself but won't work when trying to run from an external server.

D:\ptc\Windchill_10.0\Windchill\bin\windchill wt.load.LoadFromFile -d D:\partnumberimports\TEST1234DOC.xml -u [username] -p [password] -CONT_PATH "/wt.inf.container.OrgContainer=IntelliServ/wt.inf.library.WTLibrary=_AvailableForUse_1"

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags