cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to set a default prefix for Product folder creation.

WayneSchrock
12-Amethyst

How to set a default prefix for Product folder creation.

How do I set a default prefix for Product folder creation based on user or site preference. We had 2 defaults set 1 for our US users and 1 for our UK users. UK users are now seeing the US prefix after config option “windows_browser_type” was changed to "chromium_browser". Image shows example of what I am looking for. This is on PDM-Link 10.2 M030 if that makes a difference.

Capture.JPG

A previous administrator had this setup and I can't find how this was done.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Normally that type of setting is handled by the Object Initialization Rules xml file. I have not played with folder names, so not sure if there is an OIR for them and your old sys admin did it some other way. Strange that a change in browser setting would do that.

Have you tried removing the browser setting and se if the behavior reverts to the original method?

I would look at these places

• OIR (I would suggest this)
  • Type And Attribute Manager
  • Customized Datautility

Yes, reverting the config option changes the default prefix.
Thanks

FYI,

I found where the prefix is defined.

..\Windchill\codebase\templates\htmlcomp\location\newfolder\CreateSubFolder_en_US.html and CreateSubFolder_en_GB.html.

However does not work with config option "windows_browser_type chromium_browser".

Not sure yet where it is defined to use the US or GB template.

Wayne

Top Tags