cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to set the state "released" for all all library parts in a single shot ?

hsuryaprakash
1-Newbie

How to set the state "released" for all all library parts in a single shot ?

Have 500 library parts in commonspace .

I want to change the set the state to released condition ?

How to set for all parts in a single shot ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:TomU)

Sorry Tom - mixing my MORs - its in the next release 10.2 M030 for the Serach results.

search.png

mss.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:hsuryaprakash)

Two options. Add all to a workspace, then "set state" or simply go to the folder (or do a search for everything in the context) and then "Actions, Process, Reassign Life Cycles".

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

If you are using 10.1 M040 or above we support Set State for multiple Objects from Folders (and from Search Results in 10.2 M020). You can just select all the items in the Folder and select Set State from the Actions drop down in the Folder.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JeffZemsky)

Jeffrey L. Zemsky wrote:

If you are using 10.1 M040 or above we support Set State for multiple Objects from Folders (and from Search Results in 10.2 M020). You can just select all the items in the Folder and select Set State from the Actions drop down in the Folder.

Jeff, are you sure about from a search? I'm running 10.2 M020 and there is no option to set state from search results (as site admin).

3.png

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

Sorry Tom - mixing my MORs - its in the next release 10.2 M030 for the Serach results.

search.png

mss.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JeffZemsky)

Excellent! Looking forward to M030. Thanks!

vignatavicius
5-Regular Member

Hi Tom,

You can also do some customization and it should work with your version(from folder view) also:

You need to change this action :

pdmObject-actions.xml ->

<action name="SETSTATE_FROMFOLDERS" selectRequired="true" multiselect="true" checkaccess="true" enabledwhensuspended="true" renderType="PDM" uicomponent="SET_STATE">

<command windowType="popup" class="java.lang.Object" method="SETSTATE_FROMFOLDERS" onClick="validateSomethingSelected(event)"/>

</action>

I changed this action and added it to the custom-actionModels.xml and "Set State" works with multiple selection.

Regards,

Vytautas

Top Tags