cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

I have checked in my CAD assy, the associated wtpart components have some odd qty/unit outputs.

bradlawrence
9-Granite

I have checked in my CAD assy, the associated wtpart components have some odd qty/unit outputs.

I am on Creo2 and Windchill 10.1. 

I checked in my CAD assy which has associated WTparts.  As you can see on line 1200, this is a bulk item, within the bulk item I specified length and inches under the parameter.  But it displays wrong qty and cubic meters.  What is happening? 

Also, on line 1230, this is a normal part (not bulk), it is also length and inches, but displays qty 1 and unit each.  Cannot figure out why this is happening.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

1 REPLY 1

Hello

I've never used bulk items in Creo, so don't know why you have cubic meters.   just be carrefull of you table view. As there's a default Unit on the WTpart himself,  and a unit on the WTpart BOM link (for the quantity)  may be your bulk item in Creo is in cubic meter and you display the wrong column...?

But more generally, the CAD to Wtpart Bom synchronization only handle the unit "each"  (ie piece) for the moment ....   even if it is a harness, tube or piping ....

Today , need to manage it in Manufacturing BOM, to "translate"  the each quantity unit of the Design BOM to inches .

And may be have to manage different creo prt linked to the same WTpart if you have different size (one in owner link and image links)...

I know that PTC is already working on this enhancement ... but don't know when it could be released

regards

Top Tags