cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Intralink 9.1 -- Password Changes & Profiles

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

Intralink 9.1 -- Password Changes & Profiles

Fellow 'chillers,

In setting up our Windchill/Intralink 9.1, I want to enable users to change their passwords (after their initial login using a password I provide to them). However, I don't see any place in WC for a user to change his/her password.

My understanding is thata user can change his password under Home tab>Utilities tab>Profile..,but only if the password is made visible to the user by the Business Adminstrator.

And per what I've been reading in WC Help and instructional manuals, the userinterface visibility settings are set under the Utilities tab>Profile tab when logged in as the Site or OrganizationAdministrator. But..., I do not see a Profiles tab under Utilities (supposed to be located between the Roles and Types tab).

So I have two questions for my fellow 'chillers:

1. How do you enable end users to change their passwords?

2. Have any of you found the Utilities>Profile tab when logged in as Administrator (e.g. wcadmin)?

TIA!

2 REPLIES 2

You need to add this property to your site.xconf file, propagate the
changes with xconfmanager -p, and restart the MethodServer.

<property name="wt.org.services.userPasswordChangeEnabled"&lt;br"/>overridable="true" targetFile="codebase/wt.properties" value="true"/>

Will this work with Windchill 9.1 M060?

Top Tags