cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Issues with Classification Attribute

RS_10095685
3-Visitor

Issues with Classification Attribute

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.1

When setting up a binding attribute for partslink classification, if I leave the namespace and node fields blank in the classification constraint, I see the classification attribute in the create new part wizard, but there are no nodes to select. When I add the namespace value to my configured namespace, the classification attribute no longer appears in the new part wizard.

I see no errors in the MS logs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ugh - false alarm.  It came down to licenses, despite using an org admin - still needs a PartsLink license!  Sometimes we overlook the simple things.  Thank you for the responses though!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Can you share screen shots of your setup? I can compare to mine and then we can see where they are different.

See photos below of Type/Attribute setup, Manage Classification window, and New WTPart Wizard.

Attribute Setup.JPGMechanical Node 1.JPGMechanical Node 2.JPGNamespace and Main Node.JPGNew WTPart Wizard.JPGPart Create Layout.JPG

In the constraint, the default namespace should be "com.ptc.csm.default_clf_namespace". Any reason you used "MyNameSpace"? I left my node field blank.

In 11.2 and beyond, there can be multiple namespaces. See here:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS359916?source=search

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS359915?source=search

Make sure it matches what is defined in the system.

@avillanueva wrote:

In the constraint, the default namespace should be "com.ptc.csm.default_clf_namespace". Any reason you used "MyNameSpace"? I left my node field blank.

I am using my custom name space as you have pointed out in another post.

Like you I am leaving the nodename blank in the Constraints > Classification constraint and only using my custom namespace name.

This is a Windchill 12.0 instance.  Per PTC documentation there is no "default namespace" in 12.0 and you have to use your own created (this is shown in the photos as "MyNameSpace").  I've also verified this by attempting to add a note to the root without creating a namespace, and I get prompted to make a namespace first.  The base node for the namespace is "MyPart" which is also set as the node on the binding attribute, again per PTC documentation.

I tried using "com.ptc.csm.default_clf_namespace" for namespace and left node blank - no impact on the New WTPart Wizard step.

I've also tried using "MyNameSpace" for namespace and left node blank per Randy's suggestion - also no impact on the New WTPart Wizard step.

I am following, you are putting this on a soft-type. Not sure this is needed but possibly clearing Tomcat cache?

Yes, on a soft type.  Clearing Tomcat cache had no effect.

@RS_10095685 wrote:

Yes, on a soft type.  Clearing Tomcat cache had no effect.

Have you cleared your client browser cache?

Ugh - false alarm.  It came down to licenses, despite using an org admin - still needs a PartsLink license!  Sometimes we overlook the simple things.  Thank you for the responses though!

Top Tags