cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Latest version opened in Creo Parametric and checked out, yet flagged as out of date?

pausob
18-Opal

Latest version opened in Creo Parametric and checked out, yet flagged as out of date?

Somehow, I've modified CAD assembly in my workspace and then checked it out, and now Creo Parametric keeps insisting it that it is "out-of-date".

pausob_2-1674671798055.png

I tried to use "update" function:

pausob_1-1674671738648.png

system asks for some objects in session to be replaced with ones from the workspace; I agree - afterwards, the annoying message is still there:

pausob_3-1674671837469.png

I've refreshed the workspace, tried to synchronize (says nothing to synchronize)...

So I don't understand - this is the latest version and it is checked out.  So by definition, how can it be out-of-date?

I have a feeling it would be something that will fix itself if I shutdown the computer and restart it.

But wondering if someone could shed light on this issue / offer a "hot fix" so I don't have to resort to the restart.

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:pausob)

I think the issue is modification. You said you modified it first and there is a preference to do not overwrite modified data locally. To remove the modification and revert to server copy of file, I had to add to workspace and uncheck the overwrite local modifications flag. That should do it.  I believe out of date is looking at the iterations but what does it say inside the parameters of the CAD file. Does that match?

Well, the workspace copy is at the same version and iteration as the server copy; and as it is checked-out, I can't do the add-to-workspace trick: 

pausob_0-1674677872009.png

At this time, I guess it is what it is.  Seems like a bug to me.

So wondering if there is a method that should be used that avoids such pitfalls (i.e. everyone knows not to modify before checking out)

Top Tags