cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

License types

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

License types

We have a combination of Base and Advanced licenses in Windchill 12. What is the difference as far as capability within Windchill between these 2 license types. I would think that the advanced licenses would have all of the capabilities of the base licenses.

The reason for asking is that with the Search window not being shown for certain people assigned to the Advanced license group, but when I added them to the Base group, the Search window appears.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In case you ever need it, you can export license profiles to Excel and compare all the differences in detail. I think this is available starting Windchill 12 or so.

Site > Profiles

joe_morton_0-1682347482497.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
berny2U
12-Amethyst
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi there

The difference from the base to the advanced license is for us the bom functionality.

Only with an advanced Windchill license one can create a WTPart from scratch.

Regards

Bernard

Advanced licensing also adds IP protection license.

Just FYI:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS326224?source=search

In case you ever need it, you can export license profiles to Excel and compare all the differences in detail. I think this is available starting Windchill 12 or so.

Site > Profiles

joe_morton_0-1682347482497.png

Hi @joe_morton 

Your suggestion is the best way how to check the license functionality and how to compare it.

I use it a lot.

The XLS example attached.

Top Tags