cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Line Stocks

ErikZabokrtsky
8-Gravel

Line Stocks

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.7

Engineer is trying to rename line stock files to include color, type, size in windchill.
Example
236560-RED-AIR-1_2.STK was 236560.STK
It is not changing the name of the linstock in Pro-e, do you know why?
Will it still be connected to the pro-e linstocks if I rename in Windchill, like if I change a property in the lines stock weight/length : .002 was .00325

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @ErikZabokrtsky 

If you are talking about Creo data (models) then If you change name in a Windchill you need to synchronize information in the model.

So you need to open the model in Creo to see the change. 

If you need to propagate this information to the visualization you need to create new visualization.

Hope that I do not miss the point with pro-e Linstock 😄 and it is not another application. 

PetrH

Yeah the Engineers all still call Creo by the old name and I just copy/pasted their message to me without editing it haha. I will forward this info on and see if they have any issues. I will update when I hear back from them. Thanks

@ErikZabokrtsky 

Synchronize action is in the workspace and needs to be run if name change is done in the commonspace

PetrH

They tried to  synchronize my workspace and it said there was nothing to synchronize.

They have also tried update my workspace and it said there was nothing to update

Shouldn’t the name of the linestock change in pro-e, if it is renamed in Windchill.?

The model tree and the linestock dialoage box in pro-e still show the old name of the piping line stock.

See red arrows in picture below.

From the screenshot, I can see that the Number and Name have been updated. Creo's model tree shows the Filename. Make sure that the Filename has also been updated if you want it to display in the tree directly. 

Note that you can display additional columns in the tree to show attributes like Number and Name - but the engineer would need to turn that on. 

Hello ErikZabokrtsky,

I'm Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe: Was the information provided helpful somehow? Or may I suggest you open a new case for this question?

I remain at your disposal for any questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,

Charles Gautier.

Top Tags