cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Line numbers in wtpart BOM from Pro E Drawing?

LewisLawrence
11-Garnet

Line numbers in wtpart BOM from Pro E Drawing?

Hello,

I already tried this post on the Windchill CAD Integration forum, sorry if you are reading this twice.

We are currently pursuing CAD integration between Windchill and Pro E. We require Line numbers in the WTPart BOM in Windchill because they are passed to ERP and are critical to our business process.

Currently in Engineering a lot of time is invested by users ensuring that the Line numbers on the BOM in Windchill match “fixed” (the component is tied to a line number on the drawing in Pro E to prevent re-sequencing on table re-generation) line numbers in the BOM Table on the drawing. The Drawing BOM Table is mostly cosmetic and only really exists in the drawing, but ideally we would like to use that information to set the Line numbers in the WTPart BOM.

Has anyone successfully done this? If so can you share some information on how it was accomplished?
-----

Lewis

2 REPLIES 2

I have done half of this. I have to give credit to my VB guru across
the hall. He scripted a mapkey and VB combo that extracts the drawing
table to a formatted file. From there is where I take over. I wrote a
Java Client that reads that file, finds the corresponding WTPart and
updates the line numbers. So the user types in a mapkey and then this
program launches. In the background, it syncs the balloons to the line
numbers in PDMLink. It is run periodically or when the table changes
but that is up to the user.

PTC - This is a critical topic that affects all.

Please point to where PTC has documented the recommended procedures and best practices for ensuring with minimal effort that Product Structure Line / Find Numbers align with drawing balloon numbers to, ideally along with one or more examples with screen captures showing a sample assembly Drawing and it's related Product Structure.

thanks very much
Top Tags