cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Load from File- New WT

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Load from File- New WT

Hi Guys,

I am looking for WT Parts that will be created and loaded from Excel.

This is one I tested individually, and it works.

[ If i add this it's not work: <csvlifecycle>vtc</csvlifecycle> <!-- Added: Life Cycle Template --> | <csvcontext>Testing Purpose</csvcontext> <!-- Added: Context --> | <csvlocation>/Testing Purpose/2. WT Parts</csvlocation> <!-- Added: Location -->]

<?xml version="1.0" ?><!DOCTYPE NmLoader SYSTEM "standardX20.dtd">
<NmLoader>

<csvBeginCreateOrUpdateWTPart handler="wt.part.LoadPart.beginCreateOrUpdateWTPart" >
<csvpartName>Demo_load_part</csvpartName>
<csvpartNumber>0000000101</csvpartNumber>
<csvtype>separable</csvtype>
<csvgenericType></csvgenericType>
<csvcollapsible></csvcollapsible>
<csvlogicbasePath></csvlogicbasePath>
<csvsource>make</csvsource>
<csvfolder>/Default</csvfolder>
<csvlifecycle>vtc</csvlifecycle> <!-- Added: Life Cycle Template -->
<csvview></csvview>
<csvvariation1></csvvariation1>
<csvvariation2></csvvariation2>
<csvteamTemplate></csvteamTemplate>
<csvlifecyclestate></csvlifecyclestate>
<csvtypedef></csvtypedef>
<csvclassToUpdate></csvclassToUpdate>
<csvorganizationName></csvorganizationName>
<csvorganizationID></csvorganizationID>
<csvsecurityLabels></csvsecurityLabels>
<csvcontext>Testing Purpose</csvcontext> <!-- Added: Context -->
<csvlocation>/Testing Purpose/2. WT Parts</csvlocation> <!-- Added: Location -->
</csvBeginCreateOrUpdateWTPart>

<csvEndCreateOrUpdateWTPart handler="wt.part.LoadPart.endCreateOrUpdateWTPart" >
<csvparentContainerPath></csvparentContainerPath>
</csvEndCreateOrUpdateWTPart>

</NmLoader>

I want bulk load from excel sheet, i want know, how we can create this in excel too.

Regards,

Amir

8 REPLIES 8

If you are just loading parts from a spreadsheet, you are better off using this method:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FImExImportAbout.html%23

Much easier. This is done via the normal UI.

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

A simple way to get the correct excel format is to export one part from Windchill GUI. From Part Detail page select Action - Export importable spreadsheet

Then you can modify the file to fit with your new parts. You import spreadsheet from Products Details page - Action - Import importable spreadsheet.

If you like to use loadFRomFile from Windchill shell you can find samples of file 

[Windchill_Home]/loadFiles
[Windchill_Home]/loadXMLFiles

see detail : Article - CS138169 - [Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM - LoadFromFile Utility (ptc.com) 

Regards

Johannes

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Amirtharaj_K)

@Amirtharaj_K  , glad to hear from you again , take any part in your windchill , and export it as excel spreadsheet, use the exported file as template .

The export action is  on the info page of part , the import is on folder table view  

Fede
Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone
(To:Fadel)

Thanks for the reply guys and apologize for the delay in response.

How we can use the loader to do this, and how we can add the attribute's name and value here?

Article - CS172839
What is the CSV file format for converting to XML and loading WTPart in Windchill PDMLink

Regards,

Aj

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

@Amirtharaj_K  chcek https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS195189 for loader to update iba value .

for the csv , check your windchill installation folder for a file called csvmap.txt , it has csv syntax for all OOTB loader 

Fede
Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone
(To:Fadel)

Thanks for the reply, Mr. Fadel. I apologize for the delay in responding.

I tried this one, but only one data can be uploaded at a time. How can we upload multiple data?

Thanks in Advance,

Aj

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

you can use one xml to update multiples objects, there is no constraint to sue one file per part to update 

Fede

Look at Windchill/loadFiles/csvmapfile.txt. It should have the column headers you are looking for in your CSV file

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WCDataLoadGuide/WCDataLoad_CreateMethodCustomLoading.html

Top Tags