cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

New WT Part Create & Load

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

New WT Part Create & Load

Hi Everyone,

Actually i already have a part master number list in excel (only number), i want to create the WT Part from excel. I heard we can use the loader to create WT Part. I need a some example how we can load. I found a related document i didn't understand the .csv creation and as well as convert into xml. Please help me on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Amirtharaj_K)
8 REPLIES 8
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Hi , 

the part creation tool is used for system migrated from a CAD  centric plm like Intralink to bulk create related parts for existing CADs.

for your scenario I will rather use the import from excel .

you can create a dummy part manually and use export to spreadsheet to create a  excel model .

Later you can copy that model row with other numbers and change any attribute if needed like name .  

Fede
Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone
(To:Fadel)

Hi Mr. Fadel

Apologize for the delay in response.

I add the new number in the export excel sheet after that I create a new number in the same sheet to import the spreadsheet into Windchill it's created. I want to test more on this. Thank you so much for showing me how to do it.

Thank You,

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

thanks for info , good luck 

Fede
Anand_G
4-Participant

Is it possible to have the attachment also can be uploaded through this import option ?

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Anand_G)

not using excel , you have to use loadfromfile , see attached example 

Next time kindly open a ne topic , to keep each request/solution documented separately 

Fede
Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Apologize for the delay in response.

Thanks, Mr. Fadel, Can you Share the document, which I need to follow to create a LoadFile? Above .xml test.zip is there I didn't know what kind of xml is used. If you are okay means I can create a new case for this.

Warm Regards,

Amir

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

Thanks, Mr. Fadel. I thank you from the bottom of my heart because I have learned more from you. Way of teaching, explaining, supporting documents, and videos for me.

Once again, thank you for your support.

Warm Regards,

Amir

Top Tags