cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

No new representation on Check in, new representation only on state change.

AR_10666332
5-Regular Member

No new representation on Check in, new representation only on state change.

Hello,

I have a peculiar request, as the customer is reliant on Visualization primarily for taking PDF of drawings and again usually for release activities or change processes.

I want to be able to get a new representation only on State change, which is done by enabling publish.republishonepmdocumentchange=true. The other half of the issue is to disable new representation creation on check in or on iteration.

So far I found publish.service.ignoredefaultepmevents property which I believe also prevents Ready to publish events from publishing, hence it does not allow even a state change to publish.

I'm also interested in the property publish.copyrepresentationsforward.restrict and what does it mean by copying a representation forward and if this can be used in this solution.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you can restrict publishing events upon check in operation using publishrules.xml, https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS115536 this may help you. Simply you need to remove/comment out "publish on = "checkin" " and add  " publish on = "unknown-source" " along with properties suggested into the article. 

If publish.copyrepresentationsforward.restrict set to True, it will Restricted representation copy forward mode. It does not copy a published representation forward when a WTPart iterates. 

Thanks,

Hemant

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

you can restrict publishing events upon check in operation using publishrules.xml, https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS115536 this may help you. Simply you need to remove/comment out "publish on = "checkin" " and add  " publish on = "unknown-source" " along with properties suggested into the article. 

If publish.copyrepresentationsforward.restrict set to True, it will Restricted representation copy forward mode. It does not copy a published representation forward when a WTPart iterates. 

Thanks,

Hemant

Hi,

I will try this solution and get back to you.

So far I have not started used publish rules.

Thank you.

Top Tags