cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

One-Off Version Question

vcopeland
4-Participant

One-Off Version Question

We are trying to create a process for using One-Off versions to identify a modification to a part in the structure. The problem is the One-Off version A-1, A-2, A-3 etc. will not show as a child to the parent. The WTpart always displays as the latest not the One-Off.

Does anyone know how to have One-Offs show as the latest?

1 REPLY 1
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:vcopeland)

If you use Part Instance, you can swap in a One-Off version... If I recall correctly you do this via the Configuration.

Logically speaking, you probably don't want the One-Off Version in your "Design" Part Structure because this represents the blueprint, or how it should be done next time (otherwise you would cut a new part number or Revise).  The place to record the One-Off is in the As-Planned/As-Built which the Part Instance is meant to represent.

As a sidebar, I have also discovered that you can't do a One-Off version of a CAD Document, which seems kind of goofy to me because you'd probably want to document differences in the CAD model as well as the WTPart.  It seems overkill to make a different model number/name and associate it to the one-off part.  If the CAD Document ID is different, then why not the WTPart?  Which would push the One-Off Version (difference) to the Parent.

Top Tags