cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Out of Date Check - how does it work?

psobejko
12-Amethyst

Out of Date Check - how does it work?

Hi,

Wondering about the preference available at site level, in the workspace section, called "Out of Date Check":

out_of_date_check.png

I set it to "yes" so that users would be notified about out-of-date objects, as the following screenshot teases:

https://thingworx.ptc.com/apps/solution_preview/solution/lang/presolution?lang=en&n=CS47173

(Which shows a clock icon at the top of the table near the "Pick an action" drop down)

But the preference doesn't seem to have any effect for me and I haven't been able to see this aforementioned out-of-date icon.

This is what I tried:

Using Creo 2, connected to Windchill 10.2 using the internal Mozilla browser.

Added a revision 0.1 model to my workspace.

Another user checked out this model, modified it and checked back in; Commonspace now is at 0.2.

My workspace shows no notification, even after I wait 5 minutes, nothing happens; I try to refresh the page -nothing...

does anyone know if this functionality could be working for us ? We use Windchill 10.2 and Creo 2.0.

Maybe I'm not expecting it to work the way it is intended...

Is there is there some auto-refresh setting that I am missing?

1 REPLY 1

I also tried this preference and functionality but I have to say that it doesn't work.

Top Tags