cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Overwriting Creo View Adapters for Windchill

ThreeBlindMice
11-Garnet

Overwriting Creo View Adapters for Windchill

Fresh Install of Windchill 12.1.2.7 with Creo Parametric 10.0.2.0

After doing a fresh install on a new server, I originally installed the Creo View Adapters / for Clients -9.1 for Windchill.  When running "Windchill version" in the shell, it popped up and I saw the software under "add or remove programs".  

Turns out that Creo View adapters 9.1 have limited support for the future, so now I want Creo View adapters 10.1 on the server.

I brought the CDs over, unzipped, and ran the installer in the 10.1 folder, and successfully installed.  I checked the "windchill version" output and the CMD box still says 9.1!  Okay, I thought I would overwrite with the 10.1 install.  I uninstalled the 9.1 adapters, ran "Installed Re-Released Components" as shown here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS80628.

I had the correct staging directories loaded up for the 10.1 adapters, the installer ran successfully, rebooted the server and Windchill processes, but when I go to the shell and hit "windchill version", I still see 9.1!  I deleted the folders of 9.1, removed the software, but no matter what "windchill version" still shows 9.1.  I go the web page and go Quick Links > Help > About Windchill and it sure as rain shows Creo View adapters 9.1.  

Can someone point to where I am going wrong with this install of the Creo View Adapters?  Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ThreeBlindMice 

There are two places where you need to install the Adapters.

First is inside the Windchill so to update the Windchill Creo Adapters you need to run Windchill installation to upgrade the Adapters to new version.

Second Creo Adapters for worker this is standalone installation that you've done.

PetrH. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @ThreeBlindMice 

There are two places where you need to install the Adapters.

First is inside the Windchill so to update the Windchill Creo Adapters you need to run Windchill installation to upgrade the Adapters to new version.

Second Creo Adapters for worker this is standalone installation that you've done.

PetrH. 

Thank you!  I was running the PSI again but stupidly had the wrong staging areas.  I added the correct ones, for Creo View Adapters 10.1, and then the one for Creo View- Clients.  The Creo View Adapters got upgraded to 10.1!  The Creo View - Clients however is still on the 9.1, even after adding the correct location of the zip for vizpviewrun.  I will try running it a few more times and play with the staging areas.  Thank you

Top Tags