cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Pro/E or Creo crash when changing workspaces?

mdebower
18-Opal

Pro/E or Creo crash when changing workspaces?

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone experienced an issue with Pro/E crashing when changing workspaces?

I have a couple of users that experience this on a fairly regular basis, but not every time. When we try to replicate it by opening the same drawings or models, it doesn't happen again. This occurs when you click on the Yes button to erase all objects from the session. (See screenshot below.) "This operation will erase all objects in session. Do you want to continue?" >> YES >> Crash, boom, bang.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? If so, what is the fix?

Details:
Windchill 9.1 m060
Pro/E Wildfire 4.0 m170
Windows 7 64bit
Dell Graphics Workstation T3500; 6GB RAM; Quad Core Xeon CPU

-marc
CAD / PLM Systems Manager

----=----
Urgent messages: I try to limit checking email to 3-4 times per day. If you have an urgent message for me, please call or stop by.

[cid:image001.png@01CD278C.A0AC17F0]
1 REPLY 1

Here are the responses I have received to date:

We have here early in our Windchill experience. It has happened when users shared the same computer but logged on to Windchill with different accounts which used the same local cache. This may not be happening for you, but this was our experience.

Could you try it with M210?

It could be a corrupted cache, I’d make sure everything is uploaded from all the workspaces and move/delete the local cache and then startup ProE again. Every time you connect to an existing workspace, it should download from the server side workspace to recreate the local workspace. (can take awhile with a large workspaces)

Some things you can try:

- make sure trail files are being written locally.

- disable workspace frames.

Let us know if these work for you or if you have other solutions. Same problem here on 9.1 m030.

There have been cases where the user access the same cache from two sessions of ProE. That can cause a corruption.

Virus checker program can be accessing the cache at the same time as the user. That can cause a corruption.

Two users accessing the same cache can cause an issue. Say you have a business admin account and a design account. If you access the cache with both users you can cause corruption.

I tell my users to access their business admin accounts from the web browser not the embedded browser.

Top Tags