cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Project Link ACL for External Collaborators to access PDM shared objects

Pramod_Gupta
2-Guest

Project Link ACL for External Collaborators to access PDM shared objects

Hi,

I need support with ACL creation in Windchill Project.

We have created External Collaborator role in project and have assigned ACL for Read/Download for Object approved state. However, the collaborator is able to view Inwork version of the objects shared from PDM. The ACL's created in a project seem to work only on objects created in the project but not on the objects shared from PDM.

Can someone share the process to define access for external collaborators in Project environment for PDM shared objects as well as project objects. Also, please share best practice for configuring Project Link.

Thanks,

Pramod Gupta

2 REPLIES 2

I cannot help you with best practice for configuring ProjectLink, nor go through the whole process of planning ACL configuration. I will instead just add some of my thoughts:

This depends on how the rest of your policies are defined. What are the policies defined to Team Members for instance? Any member of a Team falls under the pseudo role "Team Member" unless that user is only in the "Guest" role. So if Team Members have Read and Download for objects in the "In Work" state your External Collaborators will also have the same permissions. Remember that access policies are cumulative.

I'd also make use of the "Edit Access Control" tool as an administrator and see which permissions are set through which roles.

Hey Pramod.

Check this article.

Hope this helps.

regards
~Syed

Top Tags