cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Publish and Thumbnail Control for WTDocuments

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Publish and Thumbnail Control for WTDocuments

Hi,

to verify, "Utilities - Publish and Thumbnail Control" only works for CAD, you cannot prohibit publishing of WTDocuments with that? Only way to go is customizations?

Is that so also in more recent Windchill versions? I'm looking at 11.1 M020.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:HJ1)

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWVSAdminPubThumbnailControl.html

Yep looks like  it is only for CAD docs. Yes, customization would be the way to go. What are you looking to prohibit?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWVSAdminPubThumbnailControl.html

Yep looks like  it is only for CAD docs. Yes, customization would be the way to go. What are you looking to prohibit?

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:avillanueva)

Ok, it would've been too convenient anyway  😁

I'm weighing alternatives either prohibit

- all WTDocuments regardless of type having certain IBA attribute value (which does not exist yet)

- if possible, maybe also all that have .xlsx -file as Primary Content as Excels are always a mess with page settings etc.

Oh, running Creo View Adapters for Office to 'automate' publishing to pdf, but all don't fit in the same basket, that's why the need to just exclude the problematic ones. Which would not solve it perfectly, but can't have it all.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

I believe you can choose to configure based on file extension so if there is a problem with .xls, you can ignore those. I still have trouble with Visio, its not working perfectly.

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:avillanueva)

I would think so too, already tried modifying a related java method found on the support pages, but with my coding skills... nah   😁

Also, googling the subject of getting the extension from a filename with Java leaves a noob in despair, just try and see   🙄 

Top Tags